The following exercise has helped my clients clarify their relationship with money. Now it’s your turn. Take a note pad and 5 minutes to write down your answers to the questions below:
- Write down the first 8 to 10 words that come to mind when you think of the word “money.”
- Underline all of the words you have identified which you think have a negative connotation regarding money.
- Write down three things that you are proud of in terms of your relationship to money.
- Write down three things that you feel badly about in terms of your relationship to money.
- Identify which list was easiest for you to complete.
- Write down your most joyful experience with money.
- Write down your most painful experience with money.
- Identify which memory was easiest for you to recall.
- Now take a ten or twenty dollar bill and look at it.
Write down the answer to the following question: What has this ever done to hurt you? Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
as a starting point for our conversation. Please indicate how you prefer to be contacted and when. Once you submit your responses I will contact you to set up a complimentary phone session.