These fun tips to save a marriage can bring out the adventurous, vulnerable and fun side in all of us. Every relationship can have the tendency to become complacent. Take initiative and offer activities for you and your partner. Planning special outings is an effective way to show your partner that you love them. Here are some things to consider that can help get the ball rolling. Hopefully these activities will help lead to intimate connection and ultimately save a marriage.
- Go for a bike ride. Cycling can be energetic or gentle — it’s up to you. Use your bike or rent one in a beach town or other destination. Either way, it’s sure to give your health a boost!
- Rent a horse and go riding. There are saddle outfitters with stables by beaches, national forests, hills and rivers. Blend riding with outdoor beauty.
- Try some extreme sports — skydiving, rock climbing, ballooning, bungee jumping … the list is endless. (You’ll definitely need to book ahead, though, and clear it with your partner first.)
- Take a hike. Find a nice big hill and see who can fall into an exhausted heap at the top first, or bring a picnic.
- Visit an historic building or home. Enjoy the architecture and find out about the history. Or visit some new homes and get some ideas on what might make your environment more attractive.
- Clear out the garage, attic, cupboards or wardrobes — it really doesn’t matter as long as you do it together. Sell your old things at a garage sale and use the money to save for a vacation.
- Shop at thrift or antique stores for an afternoon or visit some garage sales on a Saturday morning — start early and drive tough bargains together.
- Plan a weekend morning when you don’t have to get out of bed, except to get coffee, the Sunday paper and an extra pillow for sitting up. Sleep as late as you want.
- Enjoy a movie marathon. Visit the video shop, stock up on snacks and spend the day being film critics. And if you’re stuck for inspiration, just ask. People who work in video stores usually know their stock and are a great source of information.
- Visit a museum, planetarium, aquarium or art gallery. Check to find out if there are featured exhibits or special shows at certain times. Be sure to visit the gift store for art items, special posters and jigsaw puzzles you won’t find anywhere else.
- Make something — clay containers, a rustic coffee table, some shelves, a bird house, pottery dishes, a face sculpture, candles or soap. Craft shops are full of ideas. Take time to try these fun tips to save a marriage!
Together in Your Free Time
- Read the same book and compare notes. If you’re stuck for inspiration, why not see what everyone else is reading?
- Dig out photos and enjoy a night of nostalgia. Or if you want to get more involved, why not take some of your own portraits? You could be the next icon!
- Try a new recipe together. Make South American, Thai, Indian or Greek food — whatever tickles your taste buds.
- Learn a language. With a CD-based language course, you can be confident in no time! Especially important if you’re planning on traveling to another country any time soon.